Tuesday 26 March 2013

Miss India winner SOBHITA DHULIPALA from Vizag AP


SOBHITA DHULIPALA grew up in Vizag, she is a classical dancer trained on Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi dances.


After winning the pageant, I ran down the stage and hugged my mother tight. Like I said earlier, we come from a conservative Telugu Brahmin family, where we don't really express our love for one another in such a manner. My mother was shocked and elated. I could see tears in her eyes. Later, when the lights dimmed and I was alone, the first thought that came to mind was to gorge on chocolates (laughs)!

I was born in Vizag, and brought up here for most part of my life. I think I embody the spirit of Vizag. The city is patient, laid back and easy-going, surrounded by lazy beaches and beautiful hills. At the same time, it's fast developing as an IT and business hub. I have imbibed the spirit of my city in me — patient, chilled out, yet beautiful in its soul. Hyderabad, on the other hand, has been fun to visit every time. I have extended family there and it is one happy reunion whenever I visit the city. My family, cousins, friends and people from my school have supported me so much. I plan to go back to Vizag soon and meet all of them. Then I'll make a stop at Hyderabad and chill out. It would be the perfect vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment